BodyWorks is a health education program designed by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. The program provides parents and caregivers of students ages 9-14 with tools to help improve family eating and physical activity. The materials include a recipe book, food and fitness journals, and other health materials. Some of the class topics include portion sizes, reading food labels, physical activity, the "MyPlate" food model for healthy eating, limiting screen time, healthy snack ideas and meal planning. Hands on activities and a smoothie break help engage class participants. The free one evening class for parents/caregivers and their students meets in the Medical Arts Center at Valley Medical Center, class rooms may change locations.
Tuesday, June 6, 2017
6:30 PM - 9:00 PM
$0 / Family
4033 Talbot Rd. South
Renton,WA 98055 / Map
Medical Arts Center 1st Floor Room A
Our campus is east of Hwy 167 at the intersection of S. 43rd Str and Talbot Rd S. Parking is free.
DIRECTIONS TO OUR CLASSROOM IN THE MEDICAL ARTS CENTER (MAC)
• FROM THE NORTH PARKING GARAGE: enter the MAC using the 3rd floor skybridge. Take the elevator to the first floor, turn right, and follow the hall to locate the classroom.
• FROM PARKING LOT D: enter the MAC by descending the stairs into the West entrance (the lower entrance, not the upper entrance). Inside the foyer, classroom C is to your left, the Auditorium is straight ahead, and the remaining classrooms are to your right and down the hall. (Note: after 7 PM,the entrance from Parking Lot D is locked; use the N Parking Garage entrance.)
DIRECTIONS TO VALLEY MEDICAL CENTER
• From I-5: take I-405 northbound to Hwy 167. Go South on Hwy 167 (toward Kent/Auburn).
• From 167 southbound: take the first exit for S 43rd Street. Turn left off ramp onto E. Valley Rd. Turn left at the next light, heading East on S 43rd. At the second light, turn left onto Talbot, then left at the third driveway onto the hospital campus. The North Parking Garage is the second structure on the right. Parking Lot D is around the back side of the MAC building.
• From 167 northbound: take the 180th/43rd St. exit. Turn right from the ramp onto 43rd. Turn left on Talbot, then left at the third driveway onto the hospital campus. The North Parking Garage is the second structure on the right. Parking Lot D is around the back side of the MAC building.